Monday 4 April 2016

Make a Wish

Today is the start of a new challenge by the Stella Team at the  Aurora Wings Challenge Blog, the theme this time is 'Make a Wish'.

When I think of making a wish it takes me to my childhood and blowing the seeds from a dandelion, so right off I knew I needed a dandelion on my project.  Like most little girls I also wished I could be a ballerina, now I just wish I didn't have 2 left feet and could dance, so that set the theme for me.

I have used 'Flower Ballerina' and coloured her in shades of blue with my Copics.


I layered her onto some spellbinders dies in complementary blues.

I then found a great quote from the silhouette store that I wanted to use along side my dandelion, so made an easel card, the top dark blue layer is actually embossed with roses, its a little hard to see in the photos.


First I used a metallic gel pen in my Cameo machine to sketch the dandelion and then cut the quote in Navy Vinyl and distressed the edges with adirondack stormy sky.


I used a diamonte embellishment to hold the card upright and finally added a rose and some hanging gems.

We would love to see you over at the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog, where my team mates have some lovely inspiration for you.

You can find all things Aurora Wings with the following links.

Facebook Group

Challenges Entered:-

Crafty Calendar - Anything Goes
My Time to Craft - Girlie
A Beautiful Mess - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Crafting with Friends - Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party - Anything Goes
Moving along with the Times - Come Dancing
Copic Spain - Anything Goes
Classic DT Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Carmakers - Shaped Cards

21 comments:

  1. Julie this is such a beautiful easel card, I love the CAS design and your colouring of Mitzi's image is just breathtaking. Huge Hugz Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and colouring julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous design and lovely wish, Julie! Fabulous coloring on Mitzi's beautiful ballerina and the addition of the dandelion is brilliant. Brought back memories of my childhood as well. Happy birthday to you! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, a really lovely card, love the unusual top shape that you have used. Colours are stunning too. Good luck with the MAWTT challenge. Janice DT MAWTT .http://Createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an exquisite beauty, Julie! What a great take on the theme of 'Make a Wish'! Love your creative brainstorming process and what you've come up with. Thank you so much for this gorgeous inspiration for our new challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome easel card.. beautiful colouring on the image.. and love the dandellion.. xx <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning colouring of the dress and such a lovely card, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Julie!! she looks like she could just dance right off the paper because of your outstanding coloring skills! xx
    Inky Hugs,
    DT Cristena xx
    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Julie. Love the shape and that hanging gem with the flower. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card for our challenge, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do I even have to tell you what an amazing job you did? You do know that all on your own right!!! Its simply stunning!! You have created so much depth in her petal skirt its unreal!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stylish card, and AMAZING colouring! Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers... good luck!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing creation. Fabulous image and colouring and fabulous design, love the colours too. Great work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Classic Open Design Team Challenge.
    [Cindy DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful Julie..
    Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Classic Design Team Open Challenge..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is gorgeous Julie. I love the colours that you have chosen.
    Thank you for joining us at CCM for our shaped card challenge.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card, wonderfully coloured and I love the easel card. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this time. Cx DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Fantastic coloring and such an elegant card. Beautiful use of blue. Thank you so much for joining us for our shaped card challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello
    Fabulous colour and image ... Gorgeous
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Crafting in a beautiful mess challenge 1, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge, Karen DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message, it is greatly appreciated.
Jules :)